Welcome to ALM!
We are delighted you interested in our work. We are an international forum for research into Adults Learning Mathematics at all levels. Founded in 1992, our membership now extends across Europe, the Americas, and Australasia, and includes the leading figures in mathematics education research, policy and practice, many numeracy practitioners, and postgraduate researchers.
Our annual conferences offer those working with adults learning mathematics unique opportunities to present practical experiences, new thinking and research within a supportive and friendly environment. The conferences also offer opportunities to develop your professional network in this special interest group. Conference proceedings are published annually, along with an International Journal of peer reviewed papers.
We invite you to browse our list of on-line publications and consider joining us at our next conference to share your ideas with others working in this field. Do also consider becoming a member of ALM and access our bulletin to keep up to date with news of ALM events and publications that are relevant to this international Adults Learning Mathematics research community.
Chair of ALM
Dr Beth Kelly
Aims of ALM
ALM’s aims to promote the advancement of education by supporting the establishment and development of an international research forum for adult mathematics and numeracy by:
- Encouraging research into adults learning mathematics at all levels and disseminating the results of this research for the public benefit.
- Promoting and sharing knowledge, awareness and understanding of adults learning mathematics at all levels, to encourage the development of the teaching of mathematics to adults at all levels, for the public benefit.
- Thank you for participating at ALM26 in Lund.
If you have pictures of ALM26 that you would like to share, please send them to email@example.com
Next conference, ALM27, will be in Vancouver, Canada, the 6th – 9th July 2020.
- The next bulletin will be published in July 2019. Subscribe here.
- ALM Proceedings Searchable Index Now Available
ALM membership brings opportunities View more
Inspiring Webinar Series View more
Have Your Say
PIAAC Numeracy Assessment Framework View more